Welcome to My Blog!

I created this blog to share some of my crafts (when I have time to do them), some of my Mommy musings, recipes, and my day to day life.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Taco Soup

This is the soup that I made in the Crock-Pot yesterday. I can't claim this recipe because I found it on-line

Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef or turkey, cooked and drained (optional)
2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with chiles
2 cans of corn
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 package ranch dressing.

Place meat in the Crock-Pot and sprinkle dressing and taco seasoning over it. Add the other ingredients and cook on low all day.

My tips: I used 96% lean ground beef and rinsed it with water after draining it to further decrease the fat. I figured since it was cooking for so long in the spices that the flavor wouldn't be too compromised. I also added shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a few crushed up tortilla chips to each bowl before serving. I think that all soups taste better the second day, but I think it was especially true for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment